Response to emergencies such as:
- Structure Fires
- Grass/Brush Fires
- Fire Alarms
- MVA’s requiring Extrication (Jaws of Life)
- Hazardous materials response (Operation level)
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Public service calls
- Provide assistance to BC Ambulance Services
- Firehall tours for a wide variety of groups
- Daycare fire safety programs
- School fire safety programs
- Fire safety for Older Adults
- Workshops for Service groups, Businesses and Industry
- Special events Fire Prevention week and Burn awareness week
- FireSmart Program
- All commercial, multi-family residential, industrial and assembly occupancies are inspected a minimum of annually to insure that fire life and safety issues adhere to the applicable codes (National Fire Code of Canada, BC Building Code and NFPA.)
- We conduct approximately 800 property inspections annually.
- A Fire inspection is required for all businesses requesting a business license.
Rescue / Vehicle Extrication
- We are equipped with a complete line of Holmatro extrication equipment (Jaws of Life).
- We perform low angle embankment rescue.
- 3 hours of training on Wednesday evenings takes place for auxiliary members.
- Firefighters hold certification in the following:
Association of Summerland Firefighters
The Association of Summerland Firefighters either directly fund and or assist in the fundraising of several events. Various donation amounts have been awarded to the following organizations in the past:
- Summerland Blossom Pageant
- Summerland Minor Baseball
- Summerland Dry Grad
- Summerland Secondary School Graduating Bursary
- Toys for Tots and Teens Campaign
- The Canadian Cancer Society
- South Okanagan Women in Need Society
- Summerland Food Bank
- DARE Program
- Crime StoppersProfessional
- Firefighters Burn Fund
- Summerland Middle School and Giants Head Elementary Breakfast Club Programs