Giants Head Mountain Trail Re-Development Plan
The first two phases of this project has been completed thanks to the support of the Summerland Rotary Club, the British Columbia Rural Dividend Fund and the District of Summerland Gas Tax Community Works Funding. The project goal is to build a trail infrastructure system which meets both recreational and environmental needs. The project included trail improvements, trail decommissioning for erosion control and to restore environmental areas, a new multi-use trail on the east side of the mountain, improved guard rails and park entrance improvements.
Visit the mountain in the heart of Summerland and enjoy the park trails and spectacular views.
Click Giants Head Mountain Park Trail Map 2019 (675KB PDF) for trails map…
Click Giants Head Trail and Sign Location Map (7MB PDF) for a satellite view...
The Final Plan is available for downloading.
Please note some of the highlights of the Plan:
18-06-07 GHM Trails Re-Development Plan FINAL (22 MB PDF)
- Reconfigure the trail network, as follows:
- repair and prevent future erosion by installing crib steps and timber stairs on steepest trails
- create ‘The Grind,’ a hallmark hiking trail
- designate a multi-use trail for both hikers and mountain bikers on the east side of the mountain
- improve parking areas, main entry, and viewpoint access
- provide kiosks at Milne Rd. and upper parking areas with trailhead and park information
- upgrade amenities throughout the park, including benches, wayfinding and educational signage, and safety guardrails
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Lori Mullin, Director of Community Services at email@example.com or 250.494.0447.