2019 UTILITY RATES INFORMATION
To review Electric Rates and Fees please refer to FEE AND CHARGES 2019. For the Water Bylaw please click on WATER BYLAWS.
The Corporation supplies Electricity, Water and Sewer Services to the residents. Depending upon your property location, your utility bill could reflect any combination of water, sewer, garbage and electrical services. Utility bills are mailed out the first week of every month and are due the third last business day of every month (unless otherwise stated).
Online Utility Account Inquiry
Information regarding your Utility Account can be accessed at Online Services.
After receiving your first paper bill by mail, you may opt to set up for the E-Bill Service. To register to receive your utility invoice by E-Bill please click onto the Online Services (above) and Link & Register. You will require your Utility Account number as well as your Access Code number located on the middle right hand side of your Utility Bill. After entering these account and access code number tick the "notify by email" as well as "attach a PDF copy". To receive the monthly District Newsletter by email, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This Newsletter contains important information for Summerland residences including public notices, press releases and water advisories.
When registering for E-Bill Service, the District will set aside every month an amount equal to the postage fee to a tree purchasing fund. The money accumulated in this fund is used to replace or add new trees in our parks and around town.
New Accounts/ Moving
Something in writing is required for new account sign up or if you are moving out. You can sign in/out for utility services at Municipal Hall, 13211 Henry Avenue, or fax us at 250-494-1415, email email@example.com or send the information by mail to Box 159, Summerland BC V0H 1Z0. Please include your name, phone number, the address of the service, the date service is to commence/end, and mailing, contact information. You can also use this form to send the information.
Please call 250-404-4047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paying Your Bill
A 10% discount is available if your utility bill is paid on or before the due date (Usually the 3rd last working day of the month; December is the exception due to holidays. To pay your utility bill, you can:
- Enroll in our Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (111KB PDF) for monthly automatic withdrawals. Bank Account changes or Cancellation of Pre-Authorized Payments can be done by E-mail to the Utility Department, or in person at the District of Summerland.
- Pay by phone or internet by setting District of Summerland up as a PAYEE. Contact your financial institution if you are unable set up, as all banking institutions have us set up differently. Payments cannot be processed through our website at this time.
- Mail cheque or money order to District of Summerland, PO Box 159, Summerland BC V0H 1Z0. Please allow enough time for the payment to reach Municipal Hall before the due date.
- Pay in person at Municipal Hall, 13211 Henry Avenue, Summerland, between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Pay after-hours using the secure Drop Box located at the front of Municipal Hall.