Giant's Head Run
Saturday June 4, 2022
Visit SPORTSTATS.CA for the full race results.
2022 Top 3 Results by Age (277 KB PDF)
Since 1982 the Summerland Giant's Head Run has been a highlight of the community with both a 5km and 10km run. This year there will be added features along the way, running to 80's music and water spray stations. Join the fun and over $2000 in prizes and no less than 22 categories of awards.
Online registration will be available at : The Running Room
If you cannot register online due to payment options please register in person at the Aquatic & Fitness Center located at 13205 Kelly Ave
~Race day registration available in person until 5:00pm~
Race Start - 6:00 pm 13205 Kelly Ave, Summerland BC
Race Finish - 13205 Kelly Ave (Finish line closes at 7:30 pm)
Award Ceremony & Prize Draw: 7:30 pm at the Summerland Aquatic & Fitness Centre Finish Zone
Aquatic & Fitness Centre - 13205 Kelly Ave
Fri. June 3 12:00 noon - 7:30pm
Sat. June 4 9:00am - 5:00pm
- chip timing
- $2,000 in draw prizes
- t-shirts guaranteed to first 350 competitors
- after race refreshments & fruit
- change room facilities and showers
- free after race swim
- ribbons for all children 7 years old and under
Updates & Information:
Stay tuned to up-to-date information at our event page: Giant's Head Run - Facebook
RULES & INFORMATION GIANT'S HEAD RUN
- Washroom/Change Room Facilities - Washrooms in the Aquatic Centre. NO WASHROOMS ON ROUTE.
- Parking - Parking is available in downtown Summerland and in the Secondary School parking lot.
- NO DOGS in the finish zone or starting chute
- Start - The race will start at the Summerland Aquatic Centre on Kelly Ave at 6:00 pm SHARP!
- 10km runners will go right at the end of Main St and 5.7km runners will turn left.
- Numbers - Your number must be pinned on the FRONT of your body and it must be clearly visible.
If you do not have your number when crossing the finish line you will be disqualified. It is important you cross the timing mat.
- Course - Please see the map. All major intersections will have traffic control and course marshals will be at all corners where course direction is in doubt. THE ROAD WILL CONTINUE TO BE OPEN TO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC DURING THE RACE SO RUNNERS SHOULD PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
- Finish - Aquatic and Fitness Centre, 13205 Kelly Avenue
- FINISH LINE CLOSES AT 7:30PM
- Aid & Water Stations – Carrying a personal water bottle is recommended.
- 5.7km Run: Aid stations at approximately the 2.5km & the 4km point where water will be available.
- 10km Run: There will be 4 aid stations at approximately the 3km, 5km, 7 & 9km point where water will be available.
- Pacing - Runners may not be paced by non-competitors, cyclists or by any other means. Any competitor who is so paced will be disqualified.
- Medical - Medical personnel will be at the finish line. A patrol vehicle will be available for emergency purposes.
- Finish - Please move away from the finish line as soon as possible. Volunteers will be on hand to assist anyone requiring physical support
- FOR CHILDREN 4 YEARS & UNDER, A STROLLER IS PERMITTED.
- Refreshments – donated by Nesters Market - Fruit & water will be available for all competitors at the pool on Kelly Avenue.
- T-Shirts - These will be included in your race package. Shirt size requests will be filled on a "what's available basis", no guarantees.
RESULTS AND AWARDS
- Official results will be posted online at www.sportstats.ca as soon as possible after the race and announced at the Summerland Aquatic & Fitness Centre parking lot.
- First, second, and third finisher in all categories will receive a medal.
- Ribbons for all entrants 7 yrs and under.
There will be $2,000.00 worth of draw prizes provided by local merchants. Participants must be present to receive draw prizes.
All results for past races (2015 - 2019) are available at SportStatsWorld